1/02/2014

01/02/14 - Saying Goodbye Sucks

Conor and I had the privilege of having dinner tonight with one of my softball girls Hattie,  and her family. The Fullmer family is definitely a one of a kind family and one that I am honored to know. Hattie leaves in a few days to go back to her college,  to finish up her last season of softball,  and final year of school before getting her teaching degree. 
Saying goodbye..... had no clue it was going to hit me like it did. Was fine during dinner, fine taking this photo, fine giving her hugs goodbye. Wasn't till I was driving away when I was hit with a flood of emotions.  I know why tears started flowing, but nothing I can do about it. Just like everything else,  just gotta suck it up.
Conor did amazing during dinner.  He put together a puzzle and played with his tablet.  My boy was definitely hungry, as he mowed down on 3 pieces of pizza.  He exchanged Christmas presents with Hattie and was very happy to open yet another present.  As we left the restaurant, I snapped this photo of Conor with Hattie.  I think this is my most favorite picture of the two of them. 

No comments: