2/18/2012

Next Step.... Speech Therapy...

Finally got the call from the speech therapist from AZ Early Intervention Program. Conor will be meeting with her in our home, in his own comfortable environment, on Thursday the 23rd. Was told that she is going to evaluate him and then recommend him for whatever program she feels he needs. Since she already has the "official diagnosis" from SW Human Development stating he is "At Risk Of Autism" I believe this evaluation is just a formality, but we need her referral to get through the next door. What that next door really is......... I have no clue........... My head is still spinning from last week.

My main priority right now is Conor. I have looked over some of the papers that Dr Kessler and I admit, I have done a little research on the Internet, but not a lot. I do not want to get wrapped up in that and even more stressed. I did join some Facebook groups about Autism and there have been some pretty interesting and informative articles on them. Like I said, kinda scared to venture too deep into the world wide pool of Internet info.....

In the mean time, Conor is just enjoying life. He has ventured away from Thomas the Train quite a bit. Still lovin the Mickey Mouse, but even more than Mickey he LOVES to watch his Baby Can Read Videos "Hi, My name is Aleka, we are going to read some words. Make sure you look at the words." At home, in the car, at Great Grandma's. Conor looks for his videos to start. When he sees and hears the intro, he gets so excited. We are still working with him on his body parts. Eyes, nose... He listens.... But just is not responding, not pointing back. Not gonna lie, it is frustrating, but we will just keep chugging away.

Conor looooooooooooves to run in the backyard of Great Grandma's house. Looooooooooooooves to be outside. Loooooooooooooooooooves to play in the dirt. Loves to play in the rocks. Pretty much anything else having to do with the outside he loves. Inside he loves the legos! He loves his train sets. He loves dumping his toys out of the toy box and climbing in it. I think molegosst of all, he loves to cuddle. Conor is such a loving affectionate little boy. I know one of these days that desire to cuddle is going to go away, so I am going to take advantage of every hug and kiss and snuggle I can get while I can.


I am looking forward to Thursday, getting that over with so we can start something and get Conor on the right track.

No comments: