Had friends in town from Colorado over the weekend and they left last night. Conor was sitting in his booster chair, eating his lemon pudding, and Maria came over to him to say good-bye. She leaned over and asked for a kiss, which he obliged and gave her one. She asked for a hug, which he again obliged and gave her a hug. Then she backed up and waved good-bye and said "Bye Conor".... Conor sat there with spoon in one hand and waved good-bye with his other. I was so excited....... I wanted to cry.
I told Maria, "just so you know, that was the first time ever that he really waved good-bye". He waves his hands all the time (one of signs of Autism), but this was a legitimate "good-bye, one handed, wave"..... I was so happy, Maria was too. She said "you need to put that on Facebook" LOL.... DAMN STRAIGHT!!!
--------
Still waiting to hear from one of the therapists to get something set up. Joann Valdez from DDD said that I should get a call end of last week or beginning of this week. It is now Tuesday, and I have not heard anything. If I do not hear anything by noon tomorrow, I will be calling Joann and lighting a spark under someone's booty to get things going.
Feb 10th was the diagnosis............ Going on about 6 weeks (or so) now. In my opinion, that is 6 weeks wasted.... He has made little progress steps here and there, but I feel that he is ready to take on the stairs and start making some big steps. I work with him every day. Whether it is body parts, colors, textures, waving (which he is starting to understand YAY), getting dressed, using his utensils and not his hands.... He has even been going to sleep without the binky lately, like almost 2 weeks now!!! Not ready to completely throw them away yet, but they are tucked away in a drawer. He knows where they are too, and he hasn't attempted to ask for one at all in several days. He used to only get one when he was going to sleep, but like I said, last 2 weeks he hasn't needed one.
Took this photo of him last night.......... He is not a "baby" anymore........ He is growing up so fast.... I am soooo proud of him.

1 comment:
He looks so BIG in this pic, like he's ready for kindergarten!! Jesus, Justin getting his permit in January, Conor going to kindergarten???? YIKES! oh, just dreaming. about Conor, not Justin. He waved by-by when he left here on Sunday too. I just thought it was something I had not seen yet cduz Jason didn't say anything about it. Keep up the good work Conor. Next week, your ABC'S!! lOVE YOU!
Post a Comment