Today Conor is getting a visit from a rep from AZ Long Term Care. They are coming to the house this afternoon to do a "medical evaluation" on Conor. Not quite sure what that means, but it is part of the process and therefore needs to be done. He is home today with his big sister as Jason and I both work. I hate having to work on Friday's when he has therapy, but to keep our heads above water I need to do it. His therapists have been great keeping in contact with me on Conor's progress during the sessions and his sister Sarah give me pretty details accounts of how each one of them went. So that helps a lot. Still not the same as me being there though....
![]() |
| Conor coloring at home with Sissy |
Well, big news in our house....... Sunday, July 1st I am going to ATTEMPT to start potty training. (As I say that with a big gasp and gulp - LOL.) I have been dreading this day but again... needs to be done. Whether or not he is ready for this, we will find out. But, I figure you gotta start somewhere. Conor is VERY intelligent. He picks up on things fairly quickly. So I am hoping for good things, yet I am realistic and am aware it also may not go well at all. I am prepared for both.
He has the big boy underwear with the extra padding/lining. He has both Thomas the Train and Toy Story big boy underwear. He has the pull ups for when we travel and/or sleep. He has his own thrown (see picture below). He has a timer that I will be setting to go off every 30 minutes to have him sit on his thrown (whether he needs to "go" or not. I have the terminology all good to go for consistancy purposes wherever he goes. Conor shows signs of being ready to learn. Signs like holding his diaper after he pees. When we tell him "time to change your britches" he goes right into the room to have his diaper changed. He seems to be on a pretty normal schedule (for the most part). So... like I said, it's worth a shot. If he isn't ready, then we try again in a few months.
Wish me LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment