It is said that Autism is a "disability". Well, I say Autism is NOT a "disability". Autism is just another challenge. Autism is just another hurdle that one needs to find a way to get past, by any means necessary. Over.... Under... Around.... Doesn't matter. Conor will find HIS way past this hurdle.... Autism WILL NOT Define My Son. Conor will define who he is and who he wants to be. Be sure to follow Conor along his journey at www.facebook.com/AutismWillNotDefineMyson.
7/19/2012
Got cut another break!!! THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just got cut another break. Conor was approved for the Kids Care II, AHCCCS Health Insurance through the State of AZ. As of 08/01/12 Conor is going to have health insurance. That is such a relief. Ever since Jason was fired and we lost our medical insurance I have been looking and stressing and looking some more for insurance. To get insurance through my work, because we are a small company, it was going to cost close to $600 a month and that was just for me and Conor. I couldn't insure JUST Conor. When Jason finally found a job and found out about his insurance, it was more than what I was going to have to pay through my work. So I went online and shopped for heath insurance for Conor. A decent plan was going to cost us about $300 a month, again, JUST for Conor. When Jason's income is now cut in half, that makes it really hard to manage.
May 31st, Jason told me what the cost would be for insurance through his work..... That very next day on June 1st, I contacted AHCCCS and got the ball rolling with that. Was told he was denied. Was told he was going to be placed on the waiting list for Kids Care II, but the window for this program was getting ready to close because they were about at capacity for kids enrolled. 3 week later, I get this letter indicating that Conor was approved and effective August 1st, Conor would have insurance at the tune of $40 a month. Granted, his current pediatrician, does not accept AHCCCS and I now have to find a NEW doctor for Conor.... But, he is covered. That is what matters.
So, I called my boss, who's wife has been with Phoenix Children's Hospital for years and asked her to recommend me a new doctor (who accepts AHCCCS), which she did. I will be contacting them today to see about getting Conor set up.
Just so relieved..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment