1/11/2014

01/11/14 - Haircut day

Well, today we got a haircut. Well, Conor got a haircut. As much as I NEED one, I just have a really hard time spending the money on myself to get a haircut. Cause the haircut will need to be accompanied by a color and that is even more money.... and time. Neither of which I can afford. BUT.......... Conor on the other hand has his Auntie Karly to cut his hair!

We have tried a few times to go to a salon, Cool Cuts for Kids at Arrowhead mall is where we went. Went okay 1st and 2nd time, after that was pure hell. Then Auntie Karly started to do it. Sooooooooo much better! We learned that using the iPad as a distraction helped A LOT. Not only that, clippers are a NO NO. When the clippers are used, the stylist will always use clippers first and shape from there with scissors. Well, that is what freaked Conor out was the clippers. So we do not use them anymore. At the very end, she will use the little beard trimmer clippers to just shave the back of neck etc. (Yeah, this kid is gonna be hairy just like his father - poor kid.) In addition, if he needs a quick break, to run from one side of the house to the other, we can do that at Auntie's house. ;)


So I went to a local bridal fair this morning to check out what other photographers are up to, and then we went to get his haircut. He did GREAT! We were supposed to meet up with one of my former softball players, Ashleigh (Rat) and her kids, at the balloon glow and holiday light show, but that just didn't work out. Crazy how kids can get sick at the drop of a hat. Was probably for the better though, because I had a headache all day and I KNOW the lights and noise would have just made it worse.

Will have to try again next year.......

No comments: