I went to work this morning and then left around 10am because I had to pick Conor up from school. With no one to watch Conor in the afternoon, I was able to stay home with him AND was able to be there during speech therapy. I love watching Lindsay work with Conor. He responds sooo well to her, even when he is upset and tired. I feel sorry for her cause I know he is not the only kid she works with and probably wishes she could just walk in and bust out some quality speech time, but sometimes it isn't that easy with Conor. Lindsay handles him and his moods like a champ though.
It is said that Autism is a "disability". Well, I say Autism is NOT a "disability". Autism is just another challenge. Autism is just another hurdle that one needs to find a way to get past, by any means necessary. Over.... Under... Around.... Doesn't matter. Conor will find HIS way past this hurdle.... Autism WILL NOT Define My Son. Conor will define who he is and who he wants to be. Be sure to follow Conor along his journey at www.facebook.com/AutismWillNotDefineMyson.
1/13/2014
01/13/14 - I got to attend speech therapy today!
With Grandma and Grandpa Thompson out of town for a much needed vacation in California (that I am VERY jealous of) and Grandma Mallory "under the weather" (to say the least). This week has been a wee bit out of the normal routine for Conor.
I went to work this morning and then left around 10am because I had to pick Conor up from school. With no one to watch Conor in the afternoon, I was able to stay home with him AND was able to be there during speech therapy. I love watching Lindsay work with Conor. He responds sooo well to her, even when he is upset and tired. I feel sorry for her cause I know he is not the only kid she works with and probably wishes she could just walk in and bust out some quality speech time, but sometimes it isn't that easy with Conor. Lindsay handles him and his moods like a champ though.
Today, she brought stickers with her and he was happier than a puppy with two peters! He loooves his stickers!!! The stickers she brought today were in the shape of a heart and he must have SAID "heart" about 2 dozen times. (See video)
She also suggested this app on his iPad called NACD Home Speech Therapist - Apraxia. I was able to locate it on his iPad, but not on his Galaxy device. I have it downloaded, and hope Lindsay can show me soon how she wants me to use it with him. But here is what it looks like.
I went to work this morning and then left around 10am because I had to pick Conor up from school. With no one to watch Conor in the afternoon, I was able to stay home with him AND was able to be there during speech therapy. I love watching Lindsay work with Conor. He responds sooo well to her, even when he is upset and tired. I feel sorry for her cause I know he is not the only kid she works with and probably wishes she could just walk in and bust out some quality speech time, but sometimes it isn't that easy with Conor. Lindsay handles him and his moods like a champ though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment