7/24/2012

Appointment Set

Well, it had to be done. As much as I hated to have to change doctors, we had to. Dr Gettleman does not accept the AHCCCS AZIPA insurance that Conor is now on, so we had to find a doctor who did accept it. Desert Valley Pediatricians were recommended by two different people, both of whom I trust their opinions. Sooooooooo since Conor's insurance does not kick in till August 1st, I had to set up him with his first appointment after that on August 3rd. Faxed over records release to Dr Gettleman to get Conor's records sent over to new doc. I have to make copies of all of his evaluations and take those with me as well. UGH.......... That is going to be a pain in the ass, but it needs to be done.

He needs to get established so if (knock on wood) something happens, he has a doc. ALSO so I can get a script for additional speech therapy. Oh, damn. I need to get that letter from the speech therapist to take to the doc when we go. UGH... So much to remember. I really need to get all those papers and everything organized. Bought some 3 ring binders and stuff to get it all organized, I just need to sit down and get that done. No excuses.

The Poker Tournament is coming along.......... 4 days away!!!! EEEKK!!! I just hope to god that people show up. I have done everything possible and posted everywhere I could think of..... Facebook (almost daily) - Fully expecting people to start deleating me as a friend cause I post it so much, but I have to keep pushing. I have posted is on Craigslist in 3 different areas. I have posted and handed out flyers. I have sent out emails. I have snail mailed out letters and flyers. I have Amy from Autism Speaks posting it also on the Autism Facebook page. I have Dawn from Macaroni Kid who put it in her newsletter as well as posted it on their Facebook page as well as Twitter. I have prety much exhausted all my avenues as far as getting the word out. Now.... I just wait and see who bites and who shows up to play poker. There will be raffles going on throughout the tournament and donations will be accepted as well. I hope to raise $1000.00... .That is my goal. $1000.00. So far with the photography fundraiser (which was a flop) and the presale poker tickets as of today, we are 1/4 of the way to that goal. I set a goal for Walk Fundraising. I set a goal for the number of walkers. BOTH of those goals were met. With my past history of expectations, I should know NOT to expect anything, but this is important and it's so hard not to think positive. My daugther asked me last night, "is so-and-so gonna be there" and "what about (blank) is she going to be there?" I told her "they said they were going to be there, but I am trying not to expect anything." You don't expect, you don't get disappointed. All I know is that no matter WHO shows up or doesn't show up. My goal is $1000.00, anything beyond that is bonus. I "just keep swimming" regardless of how many people show or dont show. There will be one more BIG PUSH on Thursday. Guess we will see what happens......

No comments: