1/08/2014

01/08/14 - Quack Quack - Scratch that....

So I pick my monkey up from Grandma Linda's today and the lil punk didn't take a nap again. Conor is on his own schedule and when he wants a nap, he takes one. When he doesn't, he won't. Today was a day where he won round one against the sand man (kind of). Thinking to myself, great... "therapy tonight is gonna be oh so much fun". Then get word that Ashley was sick and she would not be coming tonight for therapy.

So driving home, I am thinking lets do something fun! Let's go to the park and feed the ducks YEAH! Asked Conor what sound a duck made... nothing. Told him "a duck go quack". Conor replies with a rather raspy "AAHH" (his duck sound). So we are driving... and I decide to run home real quick and get some bread from the bread box so we don't have to stop and buy some. I pull into the garage and see this............
It never fails. Every time we have something planned or I have errands to run or something going on, and it's later in the day, he falls asleep. I love him to pieces, but he is still a punk. LOL

---

So earlier during speech therapy, Lindsay was able to get Conor to eat 1/2 of a ham and cheese sandwich. Yes, I said 1/2 the sandwich. She used the iPad method, since it was a new food, and it worked. He ate it. She left the other 1/2 for me to try at dinner, which I did. I too used the iPad method, and he did great. No hesitation. He looked at if funny a couple times, but leaned right in and ate it. Got down to the last couple bites and I held it up for him to bite, mainly cause the bread was starting to come off the sandwich. So we got to the last bite, and I said "Conor, you have 1 more bite." No hesitation, he leaned right over and put it in his mouth, but this time, he gagged a little. But he put it in his mouth and he ate it. Got down from the table, went into his play/therapy room and proceeded to throw up all over one of his Thomas puzzles that was on his table. NIIIIIIIICEEEE............. Did great till very last bite....... UGH



No comments: