When one door closes, another one opens......
Got word today that Conor was losing one of his therapists. :( Ashley, one of Conor's HAB therapists has chosen to go back to school full time and get her degree. I am VERY sad that she is leaving Conor's therapy team, but VERY happy for her as well that she is pursuing her goals. This person used to play softball for me years ago, went off to college on a softball scholarship and ended up coming back home for personal reasons soon after. This has been a long time coming for her and I am proud of her for continuing her education. I know she is going to do well. Ashley is smart and very dedicated to what she does. We are REALLY going to miss her. Conor is really going to miss his "ASSSSHHHHHH".....
As that door closes, another one opens........ My friend's daughter Halei, who is currently in college, pursing her degree in special education has started the process to get certified through HOPE Group and will eventually be joining Conor's therapy team once she is out of training. With any luck, Halei can complete her training as Ashley is finishing up her time with Conor and there will not be too much of a laps in "no therapy". I am excited about this. Excited that Ashley is going back to school to get her degree. Excited that Halei will be able to start working with Conor and what an awesome opportunity this is creating for her and for her career path. Life is all about change...
Soooooooooo as all this occurred today, Nick (Conor's HAB-B) and Mandi (Conor's HAB) therapists both were at the house working with Conor tonight. ADDED BONUS was Lindsay, Conor's speech therapist (who normally sees him during the day on Monday and Wednesdays) was there as well for a little bit, to discuss Conor's evaluation and goals with me. As CRAZY and corney as this sounds, sitting there watching the three of them discuss my son, and his goals, and things to try and not try.... I felt like I was watching the 1996 USA Olympic Men's Basketball Dream Team. I am still amazed at how lucky Conor got getting these therapists on his team. Add in Ashley who has been working with him, Lisa (who along with Lindsay) has been with Conor since the beginning... I just can't express enough gratitude to all of them for everything. They all say there, and talked about how far Conor has come. They all brought up sooo many points, things that I see but I don't see in the way they see it, and I made me realize JUST HOW MUCH Conor has accomplished and like they said last night, "he has come sooo far in the last 9 months". I am sooo proud of my son, and honored to have such an awesome team on his side.
So we talked about his goals, feeding therapy, iPad therapy, and all kinds of stuff. We are all very optimistic 2014 will be Conor's break out year. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment