1/05/2014

01/05/14 - Ta Daaa - Welcome to Conor's new Play/Therapy Room

Well... I am sore. I am beat up. I am tired........ BUT......... It was all worth it to see the look on my monkey's face when he saw his new room. I was funny because of course the first thing he noticed was the different TV. The old TV was a this little 13" box TV with a VCR that was on top of this wood cabinet. Got rid of that and the cabinet and replaced it with the flat screen and a dresser. In addition, I moved it all to the opposite wall. So when he walked into his room, he looked at where it old TV was, then looked behind him at his new TV. Back to his old, then to his new again. It was so cute. I wish my phone wasn't dead cause I would have recorded his reaction. But needless to say, he smiled from ear to ear. THAT was all worth it. Sooo much more worth it than me using my Christmas money for new boots (that I sooo desperately need) and a haircut and color (that I sooooo need soooo much more than new boots). It's all about my son now, and what he needs.

But I am very pleased with how his room turned out. My dad came over and installed the TV and mounted it to the wall. He mounted the shelf above the TV for his DVD player. He also hung a new coat rack for Conor to hang his bags and installed a new door lock on the front door. My Daddy was a busy little busy little bee today and I am VERY grateful for him and his handyman skills, so is Conor. :)

Here are the photos of Conor's new room! The dresser is full of his therapy stuff, art stuff and even an entire drawer just for puzzles! Definitely need to get some drawer locks installed, that will be my job this week. :)




No comments: